OPERATIONS OP/1 OPERATIONS OFFICER (EVENTS)
The Operations Department focuses on covering the following areas: (a) the creation and management of events, workshops and all other AfSU initiatives (b) the sub-management of resources, allocating funding and ensuring the continuity of AfSU services and (c) ensuring that AfSU remains a healthy and fun environment to work in and be part of.
The role of Events Officer would involve you to:
- Support the Director and Deputy Director with the organisation of events and logistical issues.
- Liaise with the core AfSU departments to coordinate events and deliver timely performance.
- Possess exceptional operational knowledge of organising and managing a wide range of events from meetings to conferences, across different venues.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and maintain steady under changing and flexible circumstances
We'd recommend applicants hold the following characteristics:
- Strong sense of belonging and working with a team.
- Keen on gaining experience and knowledge of hosting events with large groups of people (usually 100+). Happy to invest time into making AfSU events successful whilst maintaining a balanced amount of work.
- Coming up with unique solutions presented by logistical challenges. The applicant should be someone who enjoys solving complex issues surrounding operational needs/requirements.
- Flexible with their time.
Deadline 13th June, 2023 at 5pm.