ADM2/AfSU/4 Policy & Compliance Officer
The AfSU Board of Directors is responsible for the management of the union. They are the designated body of leadership and will oversee all activities this union undertakes. By becoming a Policy Writer & Advisor, you will assist, and be part of, AfSUs Administration Team and will be part of managing the union's activities.
As a Policy & Compliance Officer, you will be helping write key documents for the union. These may include master policies, team directives and general management directives. We’d recommend someone who holds an interest in writing complex documents apply to this post.
It is recommended that you hold some knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel. You must be able to dedicate time to the AfSU project where required and it is recommended you hold prior knowledge/experience of AfSU activities. The individual will be trained in policy writing and will be working alongside colleagues who are able to help you develop yourself both academically and professionally.
- There are official rules and procedures for charities to help prevent conflicts and help volunteers work towards an organization's goals and avoid damaging the reputation of its brand.
- Individuals who are assigned a policy should be able to understand the clear guidelines of what AfSU expects to be written, you should be willing to submit drafts, amend feedback, and provide us with advice on how best to approach legal issues. You will be paid per each board-approved policy you submit to us.
- Any individual who is wanting to apply to AfSU should understand the law, and guidelines of writing policies, with strong understandings on topics pertinent to charity law. AfSU prides itself on having a strong ethical, moral, and legal foundation when carrying out its work and we expect the same of our members.
What we're looking for:
- You should be familiar with Safeguarding policies and relevant responsibilities.
- You should be up to date on Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) 2023 statute laws and their application to our policies.
- You should understand Prevent Duty concepts, DSL roles, SCR Records or be willing to be taught on how these apply to your role.
- You will be paid per policy you produce, however the bulk of your work will involve advising and updating AfSU on legal and compliance matters that arise on a regular (bi-weekly) basis, and so it is recommended you keep up to date with legal news channels on education, charities law, and similar concepts.
Joining AfSU also means you have access to internship and other academic opportunities unique to AfSU. You'll also be joining a community of like minded people who have similar goals and interests to yourself.
Compensation Pay (per approved legal policy): £50/policy
The Afghan Student Union (AfSU) is a registered charity operating within England and Wales under the Charities Act 2011 with charity registration number 1203499.